Program

TyS 2018 360° PP Lifetalks in FB: A B C

Friday, February 2, 2018

2.FEB.2018-MEETING PIERRE

After a long flight, Lilian, Emma, Martin and myself we landed in Nairobi and checked-in in the worse hotel I have ever seen in my entire life. Describing it wont make any justice to the reality we had to live, but I will give you some details....
1. cockroaches
2. Mosquitos crushed against the walls like it would be some kind of art exhibition.
3. Thai sauce glued to the bedroom cupboard, which I tried to remove with a cloth I found in the kitchen and I'm still not sure what was dirtier...if the cupboard or the cloth itself.
4. Martin wanted to pour me water in a glass and I literally stopped him but he really didnt get my point until he tried to grab a glass from the kitchen shelf, in took him 2 seconds to realize that the glass was literally glued into the greasy shelf.
5. Sofas when they were brought-in had one color many years ago, but when we sat in the color was not the same anymore.
6. There were not freaking windows to at least breath and forget about the nightmare we were living.
Lilian has a severe allergy to dust and girl she was gifted in that apartment.....I was tempted to call a veterinarian exorcist, she started to do some pretty scary noises like if she would have been possessed by a herd of horses, we were pretty concerned. After this allergy crises, by 3am we decided we would not sleep there under any circumstance. We started calling every single hotel in town, having crazy rates, and we finally found THE one......
After 1 hour waiting for the taxi to get us we finally arrived to our particular heaven....
Let me describe our heaven:
I almost get an electroshock getting my shower.... you are supposed to turn a boiler, heater, God knows what the heck was that....1 to 2, 2 to 3, I really tried hard to get this heater, I really tried hard to adapt to the circumstances, but boy was that hard....with my left hand I was holding the sprinkler and with my right hand I was making sure not to die burnt or electrocuted.
When I thought my misery was over, I hear Lilian saying there's no tap, and I asked very calmly what do you mean? She replies back I mean literally there's no tap in the sink... so let me figure this out, they made the effort to install a sink but the tap was not where to been seen....go figure...
I decided I had enough and I went to bed, 2 hours later, Lilian's alarm goes off, she had to go pick up Pierre, the engineer speaking at the University the very same day at 2p.m. She goes to Jomo Airport to pick him up while I stay in the room sleeping. They come back, and from the distance I here, she is sleeping, and in German she says she doesn't speak any German, but she does speak English. Whispering she says to me: Pierre is here, I couldn't get him a room, so I will let him the bed in front of us to sleep for a couple of hours. I'm fine with it. But hell was about to break ... he snores like the walls are about to fall on top of you.... I turn around to see the bed placed in my feet, and I see this man in t-shirt and underwear snoring like there's no tomorrow. I look towards Lilian, and with my eyes I'm asking her: WTF is this??? and she replies the most hilarous thing ever: I'm sorry I didn't know he snores... that is not snoring my dear, that's declaring war to heaven!! .So I had not other choice that get the hell out of there;))) that's how I got to know Pierre. And I have to say I'm really happy I have met him, his mission in Africa is amazing and he is an outstanding character. See you around folks!

8.FEB.2018 MOMBASA

Hi everyone, yesterday was an overwhelming day, we had our seminar at Safaricom Michael Joseph Center, in where we could present our projec...